Monday, January 9, 2012

Introduction to our blog

Greetings from Colorful Colorado.  I am a divorced, single-father, employed as maintenance supervisor at the residential neighborhood where I reside.  My daughter, now 11 years old, is the most significant thing that ever happened in life.  I've taken being a supportive and disciplinary (teaching) parent very seriously - having emerged myself in classes, programs, and internet research to develop healthy parenting skills.  As a young adult I attended different colleges, with different career pursuits, and ultimately settled into a "road-scholars" approach to living, traveling as a Merchant Mariner, hitchhiker, and tourist throughout the United States, parts of Europe, and Latin America.  A social life - which I now have none, if compared to most peer standards - evolves largely around being a published musician, blogger, audio engineer, and a Christian.  These activities focus a great deal of time on the Internet - promoting and networking with other musicians, fans, acquired friends, and Christian ministries - internationally.

From these experiences come numerous challenges - whether associations at work, at music, at home, in my community, among the followers of Christ, from my travels, or seemingly random - but Divinely appointed - meetings with people.  As I have grown in Faith and relationship with our God, I've acquired an incredible compassion for people of all walks of live, and more specifically ... those living in severe dysfunction, not having direction or purpose in life, seeking wisdom or understanding, needing a friend and to be loved, or otherwise seeming hopeless.  This indwelling compassion is regularly overwhelmed by an incredible passion and motivation to share my own hope, joy, and strength to those lacking.

So, ... in conjunction with scores of music websites, social networks, and other blogs; I decided to start this blog to specifically address these recurring heartfelt concerns that arise from our society.  Many times I find myself believing "enough is enough" with our social problems.  I'm emboldened to encourage or provoke insight about what our Creator says in His Word about us, about our situations.  Being led by an indwelling relationship with the Holy Spirit, I am regularly compelled to share His remedies and promises; desiring to improve the quality of life and self-worth for all of us.

My goal and purpose in creating this blog is both:  (1)  to create an outlet to share, or mentor; and, (2) personally document these "revelations" and personal insights.  I will share what arises from our common challenges to support, encourage, and discipline those we care about.  We are on a journey together, never truly alone when in fellowship with God.  Let's do away with this concept of being hopelessly alone and without purpose in our universe - "enough is enough."

Michael McMahon

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." (Proverbs 27:17) 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment